4.05.2011

Holocaust

We're doing a project in English about the Holocaust. It's pretty much a free-range creative project and we can do whatever we want. I'm doing mine all about the prosecution of homosexuals during WWII and Hitler's Final Solution.
So, being the creative person I am, I wrote this:

The unknown dead
Who lie in unmarked graves
Never mourned
Eyes locked on stars
While the pink is covered up
With dirt and ashes
Forgotten triangles
Among that complex star*
They weren't the only ones
That experienced the Fear
The flames
The smoke
Yet they gained freedom
Constellations shining bright
While lesser shapes
Bleed in the corner
Prosecuted like rats
Are we, then, not as different
From Hitler
As we thought?
Genocide today
Ongoing yet ignored
Ravaging the lives of those beautiful
Pink triangles**
Justified


That was about how no one really thinks about the turmoil of the homosexual's life then and today
*the star of David
**the pink triangle was used to symbolize homosexuals during the Holocaust

Then I made a song. It's kinda my own way of interpreting how it was like in a concentration camp. It's kinda techo-ish, so beware.
The Ghettos by Kamuru
I made it on Mix Superstar (a download for the Wii). It kinda sucks, I know, but I hope you enjoy.

That's all for today. I'm also doing a painting and will upload an image once I'm done.

EDIT:
Here it is. Pretty awesome, eh?

EDIT:
It was so awesome, I used it as my profile picture.
^.^

3 comments:

  1. Sorta... Just kinda AWESOME!!!!! How does that Mix thing work. Is it completely original or does it give you lie options??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an options one, but it's still freaking awesome and I love to experiment with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds pretty freaking awesome!!! lol

    ReplyDelete