4.03.2011

August (Here)

We arrived in this town of 20,000 when it was over 100 degrees out. Insane. Just the weather was torturing me; and I hadn't even started my life here yet. The house was empty, of course, so we went to the hotel to lie and wait for the females of the family. I still hadn't thought about up there yet, all I wanted to do was get used to life here.
I didn't know at the moment, but that would be impossible.
Days and restaurants passed until the movers finally arrived. Boxes upon boxes were hauled into the hull of the house. I unpacked like a brainless zombie, just going through the routine.
We got moved in, painted my room, explored the neighborhood, but soon it would we time for school. I was horrified. A school the size of 1/3 of my hometown was insane. The first day of school, and I somehow survived. I don't think I said a single word that day and didn't make friends until a week later.
I was still posing as the 'Him' from the olden days, shy and secluded, and stayed as 'Him' until second semester when the real fun began.

No comments:

Post a Comment