4.03.2011

February (Me)

A new semester and all my old friends were gone. Luckily, during homeroom, I met a new friend, someone I had noticed before but never talked to. Me and Autumn had first block together and walked into Creative Writing class learing how alike we were. For the first time I was genuinely happy here. We sat in a group of six and I made more friends immediately.
One day 'The Question' was asked of me: "Are you gay?" I stumbled through my answer, not sure whether to lie or tell the truth, and eventually pushed out a shaky 'no.' But I hadn't fooled anyone. On February 7, 2011 I came out to those six friends.
On February 12, I found out that JJ had a crush on me and on the 14th, we started going out. It ended immediately though. I was too green and scared and he wanted, to put it nicely, 'more.'
Anyway, I was now finally 'Me' and not 'Him.' I was happy. And without even a trace of snow on my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment